About

1a

About Us

SellmyCell is a New Zealand owned and operated mobile phone recycling service.

We pay cash for unwanted devices, then refurbish and find them new homes, extending their useful life. Any unusable parts are sustainably recycled.

Our mission is to provide the best value and a green, easy service for disposing of your mobile phone.

Our Promise

  • Payment within 3 working days
  • We buy phones in any condition
  • Free courier pickup and returns
  • 14 day offer guarantee
  • Safe recycling of your old phone
  • Total data security

Recycling Policy

We aim to reuse 95% of the mobile phones we buy and we work with Zero Waste NZ to recycle the remaining 5%.

Zero Waste NZ employs the best recycling practice currently available. Devices are exported to Japan where they are re-refined to extract precious materials for reuse in the next generation of mobile devices.

About Our Charity Partners

Million Metres is an online crowd-funding platform that is helping re-store New Zealand’s waterways. The team helps community groups and land owners set up and run crowd-funding campaigns to raise money for planting. The goal is to raise enough funds to replant one million metres of waterway with native plants and trees.

Million Metres is a project led by the Sustainable Business Network, in partnership with the Department of Conservation. Read more

Women’s Refuge is New Zealand’s only national provider working to protect women and children from domestic violence. We provide immediate impact and drive long term transformative change by providing frontline support, raising awareness and educating for violence prevention, and collaborating with key partners. Their vision is for all women and children in New Zealand/Aotearoa to live free from family and domestic violence. Read more

Camp Quality NZ is a national charitable organisation that provides 5 regional, week-long summer camps, weekend winter camps, family days and other activities, free of charge, for children (aged 5 to 16) living with cancer. Camps are run by dedicated teams of talented passionate and fully trained volunteers including a 24/7 one-on-one companion for each child during camp. Camp Quality New Zealand is a registered charity under the Charities Act 2005, registration number CC22845. Read more